- This event has passed.
Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) Meeting
May 15, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
NORTHEAST KANSAS CITY
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Advisory Committee (BPAC) Meeting
*Free and open to the public.
The Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) will hold a public meeting at the offices of the Northeast Kansas City Chamber of Commerce and Independence Avenue Community Improvement District located at 2657 Independence Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri 64124 on Tuesday, May 15th from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM. The primary purpose of the meeting is for BPAC to determine how the proposed design of the Paseo Gateway Project coordinates with other relevant city planning. The meeting will determine what changes need to be made for the design to comply with the City’s Complete Streets Ordinance.
City Departments will give brief presentations on the Paseo Gateway project, as well as other relevant plans. A significant portion of time will be devoted solely to public testimony from community stakeholders and members of the public which will be critical for the committee to make further determinations of the project going forward.
– Call to Order
– BPAC Opening Comments
– KCMO City Staff Remarks:
– Paseo Gateway Design – James Wang, KCMO Parks
– Bike Plan – Joe Blankenship, KCMO, KCMO Planning
– Choice Neighborhoods – KCMO Planning
– Independence Avenue Pedestrian Safety Study – KCMO Planning
– Road Diet Feasibility – Wei Sun, KCMO Public Works
– Transit Integration – Shawn Strate, KCATA
– Public Testimony
– Committee Discussion
– Next Steps, BPAC Recommendations
See more at: