Historic Northeast Events and the Northeast Kansas City Chamber of Commerce are collaborating to expand the International Business Crawl. Tourists will receive a “passport map”, get them stamped at each location, shop, and will be rewarded with prizes for the most stamped passports at an afternoon reception.
This year we are sponsoring a walking crawl in several districts along with a bus tour of Historic Northeast, the Second Saturday, May 14, 2011. Shuttle runs 10:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. Reception for prizes 3:00 to 4:00 P.M. under the Hospitality Tent located on the NE corner of Independence Blvd & Prospect. (Next to Speedy Cash).
Participation is free and open to all Greater Kansas City Urban travelers. Rain or Shine. Parking is available behind Snyders Grocery on the North side of Indep. Blvd. and around Dairy Queen on the South side of Indep. Blvd.
Shuttle will take Urban Travelers to the Walking tour sections;
- Park Ave. and Gladstone Blvd. on Independence Blvd. Vietnamese, Latino & African Shopping.
- Lexington Shops & Brooklyn, Somali shops, Exotic Scarves, Worldly spices.
- Gates Plaza shops at 12th and Brooklyn, Soul food, Chinese & BBQ Eateries, Computers, Cleaners & Florists. .
Points of interest include:
- The Kansas City Museum
- Cliff Drive , area Parks and Memorials
- 18th and Vine District, American Jazz Museum, Gem Theater
- We will hold the event on Saturday May 14, from 10 A.M.-3:00 P.M. Reception 3:00- 4:00 P.M.
- We are expanding it to a walking AND free bus tour of additional NE business districts and points of interest.
- We will attract both residents and the Greater KC Area to visit our culturally rich shops & neighborhoods.
- We will increase the awareness of the great local flavor of restaurants, shops and services available to an untapped customer base.
- We are polishing up our Historic Northeast and making it shine!